The Donald A. Wehrung International Studen Award honors excellent international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn places who have excelled academically despite adversity and would otherwise be unable to attend university without financial aid.
University of British Columbia in Canada
Level/Field of study:
Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC
Number of Awards:
The value of the Award is proportional to your demonstrated financial need and sufficient to cover living expenses and tuition costs for your degree of study.
The Award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
To be considered for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- • You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- • You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from your first year at a post-secondary college or other university.
- • You must have graduated from high school no earlier than the month of June two years prior to the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants for 2022 must have graduated from high school no earlier than June 2020.
- • You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- • You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- • You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
- • You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
To apply for the International Scholars program, you must be nominated by your school or non-profit, and submit a reference from an academic referee. Confirm that your school or non-profit is able to nominate you, and inform your nominator and academic referee that you’d like to apply for the International Scholars Program.
Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC by 1 December 2022. You must meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by1 February 2023.