Description in brief:
One of the most prestigious international scholarships is the Gates Cambridge Scholarship. Scholarships are granted to outstanding applicants from outside the UK who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge in any discipline.
University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Level/Field of study:
PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate course in any subject offered at the University.
Courses which are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- • Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- • Business Doctorate (BusD)
- • Master of Business (MBA)
- • Master of Finance (MFin)
- • PGCE
- • MBBChir Clinical Studies
- • MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- • Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- • Part-time degrees
- • Non-degree courses
Number of Awards:
About 80 scholarships are awarded each year.
Citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge including tuition fees, maintenance allowance, travel costs, visa, etc. It also provides additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
Read about the full scholarship value at this link.
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
• a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
• applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate course.
Applicants submit their application for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal. To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
There are two Gates Cambridge application deadlines: 13 October 2022 (for US citizens resident in the USA) and early December 2022 or early January 2023 depending on the course (for all other eligible applicants).
It is important to read the How to Apply section and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.